5 weeks June 19 – July 24*
Mondays, 12:00–1:15pm PT / 2:00pm CT / 3:00pm ET
*No class July 3
Online with Darcey Bone & April Holt-Geiger
The emphasis of this Introductory Class is to give you time-tested tools and techniques to help you meditate with confidence. One of the biggest obstacles new meditators encounter is the thought, “Am I doing this right?” At the end of this course you will feel confident you know what you’re doing whether you sit to meditate on your own or with a group meditation.
You will experience how meditation:
- Reduces stress, anxiety and fear.
- Softens those reactive, angry places.
- Brings deep relaxation, calm, focus, clarity, serenity, equanimity, and happiness.
- Gives you tools to cope with life and liberates you from old patterns of thinking and behavior that no longer serve you.
You will receive a thorough grounding in the basics of meditation including:
- What meditation is,
- Benefits of meditation,
- Correct posture and the best posture for you,
- Breathing Techniques to calm the mind and relax the body,
- Techniques to reduce stress and anxiety,
- Meditations using mindfulness, breath, and mantra,
- Tips to sustain a successful home practice.
- A Meditation Routine that fits your lifestyle and personality.
How to participate online:
The zoom link for this class will sent to you a week before class starts. You will also be sent the link an hour before each class. We are using the zoom.us platform. Just click on the link and it will prompt you from there. It is super easy to use.
As a member of this class you will also be given six weeks of free access to the Meditation Momma Online Content with over 100 Instructional Videos, Meditations, and Teachings.