Thursday July 21, 2022
6:00 – 7:15pm PT / 8pm CT / 9 ET
Wondering what this sudden emphasis on pronouns is all about? Perhaps you’ve heard yourself thinking or saying, “What’s the big deal? I don’t get it.” For most of us Boomers and some of you Gen Xers, this might seem to be a big thing about nothing. But I’ve come to learn it isn’t nothing—especially if we want to see more kindness, more compassion, and live in a less judgmental world.
What difference does a pronoun make and why does it even matter?
We’re bringing in a guest speaker who is going to talk about all of this:
- What is the difference between sex and gender?
- How do I know when “they” means one person or more than one person?
- What do gender, cisgender, two-spirits, non-binary, gender fluid, etc. mean?
- What difference does a pronoun make and why does it even matter?
Well, it matters.
It matters because none of this is new. Just because it’s new to us doesn’t mean it hasn’t been a part of the human experience for eons. The point of this workshop is to help us:
- understand the historical evolution of what has been hidden and pushed underground for so many centuries,
- release your resistance, your confusion, while gently helping you see it in a new way,
- understand how our resistance is affecting our teens and members of the LGBTQIA community.
If you are willing to challenge your long-held assumptions and you are open to expanding your understanding and compassion, we’d love to have you join us.
I especially want to invite those of you with family and/or friends who use, or are exploring using, gender-neutral pronouns. Our hope is to expand your understanding so you can bring more inclusion and compassion to your family, your community, and your world.
**Even though this is a free workshop, registration is required. You must use the email address you registered with to join the zoom meeting. Our intention is to create a safe environment for all who attend.